Langhorne Pennsylvania History

The early 19th century in the United States marked the beginning of a period of economic decline for Langhorne, Pennsylvania, a small town in southern Pennsylvania. As wealthy Philadelphians built large homes and businesses on Maple and Bellevue streets, LanGHorne continued to grow, but more settlers and small businesses withdrew. This led to a decline in real estate values and an increase in crime, as Phil Philadelphia has more than 1.5 million residents, and the rise of the New York City metropolitan area, as Philadel Philes migrated from the city to more rural areas, resulting in increases in poverty, crime, unemployment, poverty and crime rates in Philadelphia.

Middletown was also home to one of the most feared race tracks, which operated from 1921 to 1971. After the line was completed in 1876, the area became a popular destination for Philadelphians who wanted to travel on the Reading Railroad, as it was the only railway line between Philadelphia and New York City. The largest expansion occurred in the late 1950s, when William Levitt built the second largest station in Pennsylvania and the first in Long Island, New York.

Langhorne grew up in the 18th century and into the 19th century, but gave up a leading role in the railways in the 1870s, when the stagecoach was replaced by the railroad.

Langhorne was one of the only places in the county where passengers could switch from the east-west Philadelphia-Trenton route to the north-south Bristol-Easton route, where they could switch from an east-west route to a west-south route. Langhornes, then called Four Lanes and End, later called Richardsons Corner, eventually became a stagecoach transportation hub in Bucks County, transporting people to and from Trenton and Philadelphia, as well as New York City and other cities in New Jersey and the United States. At the time, it was called "Four L-Tracks at the End" and later "Four L-Tracks at the End." "Richardson's Corner" in honor of its owner Richard Richardson. Eventually, LanGHorne became Bucks County's postCOACH transportation system, transporting people from Renton to Philadelphia. He was the founder and owner of four stagecoaches, the first of which in 1868 transported people between Trent on the west side of Bristol Road and Bristol Street.

The road to Bristol grew and grew later in the 18th century and into the 19th century, and the highway was an important link between Trenton and Philadelphia, and between Philadelphia and New York City. The road from Bristol grows and grows and grows and grows later, from the 17th century to the 21st century, through the 16th and 17th centuries and then into this century.

The road to Bristol grew and grew later in the 18th century and into the 19th century, and the highway was an important link between Trenton and Philadelphia, between Philadelphia and New York City. Tullytown was industrialized and used the city that passed through Bristol on its way to the New Jersey border. This allowed the first 300 Swedish immigrants to build their first houses, putting down roots in a city of about 1,000 inhabitants and an income of $2,500 a year.

Among the prominent settlers who came to the township during this period was Thomas Langhorne, a minister of the Friends of Westmorland. One of his biggest possessions, the land that later became Lanaghorne Manor, was his large estate known as Langhornes Park. The Durham farmstead, opposite Attleborough, which covered eight hundred hectares, still bears the name and is known as Langy's Park after its owner Jeremiah Langorne.

In the early days, Attleborough, built at the intersection of Durham - Trenton - Philadelphia, became an important point in the lower part of this county. It was defined by two streets, one connecting Trenton with Philadelphia and the other with New York City.

The village became known as Attleborough in 1876 when it was named after Jeremiah Langhorne. The village was known as "Attleboro" until 1877, and again from 1878 to 1881, the same year as the city of Trenton. Until the end of the 19th century, it was also known as "Attlesborough," except for a brief period between 1879 and 1884 when the village was incorporated and named after John Lanaghorne, the son-in-law of William Lanaghorne and his wife Elizabeth. In 1875 it became known as "Attlesboro," but then for another brief moment of history between the two cities of New York and Philadelphia. This village later became known as "Attlborough" after the village of Attelborough was founded shortly after the town of Northampton, Pennsylvania.

When he moved into his home in 1911, the Bristol Daily Courier reported it had cost an astonishing $25,000. Langhorne grew rapidly as wealthy Philadelphians moved into the district and created suburban Philadelphia as an agricultural and service center. The area continued to grow, spurred on by the growth that was spurred a century ago by proximity to New York City and the city of Trenton, New Jersey.

More About Langhorne

More About Langhorne